
Noah's 4 month shot!
Aren't these elephants so cute!



We got invited to the circus, it was great! Kate's little friend invited Kate and Mack. They had a suite so our seats were so good. I don't think I have ever been to the circus, it was so much fun! Thank goodness the boys had something fun to do, they got to go to a birthday party that day so everyone was happy! Especially Todd because he got to spend some good quality time with Noah at home:)



We got invited to the circus, it was great! Kate's little friend invited Kate and Mack. They had a suite so our seats were so good. I don't think I have ever been to the circus, it was so much fun! Thank goodness the boys had something fun to do, they got to go to a birthday party that day so everyone was happy! Especially Todd because he got to spend some good quality time with Noah at home:)
My favorite part of the show were the elephants, they were amazing...all the things they could do..it was so great!
Todd has been gone since Wednesday on his annual fishing trip with his dad and brothers so I have been a single parent the past 4 days. This year the guys rented a HUGE RV. He comes home tomorrow and everyone is counting down the minutes for him to be home.
Noah turned 4 months yesterday! Seriously where has the time gone?? He loves to grab his feet when he's on his back, and he loves to suck on his hands. He is such a happy baby and will smile for anyone who looks at him...I love that. He has a Dr. appointment on Friday and I'm just dreading him having to get his shots. I postponed his two month shots because I just hate them so he will be getting his first series of shots on Friday. I know it's important but I can't help but feel like I'm putting poison inside of him.
What are your thoughts on immunization shots?


18 comments:
Hey Kristen,
yeah, i'm soooo with you on the shots thing!! i stretch them out and make sure they never get more than 3 at a time. i still won't give jacob the mmr shot or the chicken pox due to all the controversy with those. i get dirty looks and lots of trying to talk me out of it from my mom, but i'm just doing what i think is best for my kids. don't feel guilty.
I know I hate when my babies get shots but I know its a necessity. I don't feel like lecturing anyone but I really feel like the hype and controversy are because people are just misinformed.
Looks like the circus was a lot of fun. I haven't been since I was in kindergarten!
I always feel bad having to give my babies shots because I know they hurt, but I truely feel like they really protect them in the long run. I know there is controversy about Autism, but I think that the increase in Autism has more to do with all the unhealthy and artificial things in our food and environment than shots. I think there is less risk from the shots than actually getting the diseases they are meant to protect from. Since these diseases aren't widespread anymore, I think we forget just how terrible and possibly life threatening they really are. Good luck!
I am the same way about the shots. In fact, I have to take Lawson tomorrow for sahots. He is 20 months and is still getting caught up on his 1 year shots!!! Oh well. I think it is inportant, especially living here in california where there are o many people that travel back and forth from different countries.
I hope you are surviving being a single mom. I am in the same boat right now. It is hard!!
I'm with you on the shots. I hate them too. The Autism thing really scares me as well. John's aunt is a teacher for kids with Autism and she sent me TONS of reports and stories about how it's linked to the shots. It scared me so bad, I won't let my kids get them.
The circus looks like it was such a fun time! Noah is so darn cute!
I hear you on the shots. I'm not against them, but I think they give kids too many at such a young age. I'm taking them slowly with the new baby. I can't believe they already wanted to imunize in the hospital the day after Tessa was born. That is just way too early in my oppinion. I wouldn't let them. I do think they are necessary though. I know so many people who aren't immunizing these days. Scarey. You never know...
had fun with you the other night,
noah is growing up so fast, he's such a cutie with a happy personality.
glad todd got home safe
im for SURE the WRONG person to ask about the shots...becca has only had up to her 2 or 4 months i think and thats it..im not really too worried or too concerned at this point..everyone ELSE is immunized so "we're good" right??!
fun photos of the circus-looks like my house! HA
nice to have todd home again! whoo hoo-now where are WE taking the HUGE RV?!??!
Noah is so cute. 4 months has gone by so quickly. Wow!
Cute pics at the circus. You look great. We have gone to the circus one time and it was pretty fun. I loved the elephants too.
I'm all about immunizations. I would rather have the shots done when they are babies vs. more shots when they are older and know what is actually going on. I hated having to tell Emily that she had to have shots for Kindergarten. I feel it's all better in the long run. We just had a case of measles/mumps go through Emily's preschool last year because of a child that wasn't immunized.
Love the circus!
As for shots you should read The VAccine Book by Dr Sears it will answer every question but he doesn't give a direct opinion so you can make up your own mind once you have the facts. He also offers an alternative vaccine schedule and thats what I am using with Bryce and I have noticed a lot less side effects!
So fun! I haven't been to the circus since I was like 6!! I am sure the kids loved it!
Brody is 6 months and I have not had him immunized yet (but I am taking him next week). I couldn't do it at 2 months, and then missed his 4 month appoint...and even though I am nervous, I am MORE nervous for the diseases (more and more outbreaks of measles all the time).
Oh my gosh Noah is so dang cute!!!! The circus looks great - I love the elephants - it's amazing what they can make pachyderms do! I love the pictures!! You all look so great all of the time!
Circus looks fun Kristen!
Glad you had a good time while Todd was gone too.
:-)
I think Christina hit the nail on the head with the immunizations when she talked about Becca....she and all the other people that don't get the shots will piggyback on the people that do, but if we all didn't get them well then....we'd be screwed, not good.
I understand why people don't get them though with the rise in autism among kids....it will be interesting to see what really is causing the increase in autism when they figure it out.
(is it the shots themselves or how they are administered maybe?? or environment like somebody else said or who knows--it could be a combinations of many factors)
Thanks for your words of encouragement! It means a lot.
I'm all about shots like Stephanie. My grandma got polio as a young mother a year before the vaccine became available to the general public, and she was in a wheelchair for the rest of her life. Ultimately she suffered a lot because of that. It has really opened my eyes to the fact that crazy diseases do reach those of us who feel like we're away from them. My pediatrician's office has told me that here in So Cal, which is such a melting pot, we're exposed to more. But having boys of course I worry a little about the autism situation. It's VERY confusing!!
I haven't been to a circus before either. Those elephants do look pretty impressive.
I remember hating shots for my kids, but I think I would rather have them poked than extremely ill.
The circus is fun. We took our kids once when they were younger and I remember being amazed by the elephants too.
I am glad the immunization controversy mostly started after we were through that stage. Both sides are kind of scary to me. I also think the the medical field gets on a kick and there are stages of what "everyone" gets diagnosed with... fibromyalgia, remember when every kid on earth was ADD, etc ... it just seems like every difficult child or feeling has to have a name where before they were just difficult or we didn't feel good. I am not totally unsympathetic I know there are real sufferers with these conditions but I also think that when we go to the doctor we don't think they did their job unless we go home with a "word' diagnosis.
Sorry for my two cents... I would still immunize. Did Chris not immunize because she is anti or lazy? There is a difference. The choice only seems to get more complicated the more you study... I think it comes down to you knowing what to do for your family.
So I have finally joined you all on this bloggin journey. Wasn't the circus amazing! We just went last weekend. Look forward to checking out your blog.
Rebecca
Post a Comment