Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Is it really Tuesday already??

My doctor appointmet went well last week. He basically said that they have gotten a lot more strict when it comes to delivering naturally after you have had a c-section but as long as my cervix was sofened somewhat then that would be good enough. It's when you are completely not at all in any kind of labor and two weeks late that they won't induce. He was really optimistic and seemed to not be worried. With this being my 5th I'm hopeful that my body will know what to do and do it on it's own :) So we will have to wait and see.

Tonight was mutual, we had our class activity. I seriously thought of the activity this afternoon. I just didn't know what we were going to do? I had the idea ( I wonder why) of inviting my friend over with her 4 month old to talk with the girls about the basics of taking care of a baby. We all sat on the floor with the baby in the middle and discussed babies! They each got to hold him and ask questions, I hope they had a good time? For dessert we had donuts and milk then the girls played in the backyard while they waited for their parents to come.

I think I have figured out my laundry problem. If I just do a little everyday it's always done! (gee really)?!?!?Who would have thought... hahaha anyway...I'm feeling good because the house is clean and the laundry is all done. I have started going through closets and drawers. (Melissa, I have more clothes for Bridgette :)!

I am in the process of looking online for a car seat, changing table (I have a crib) and just getting all the things I need for the new baby (yes still NO name). It's hard to believe I only have 6 more weeks! I'm so excited! I have to admit, this has been such an amazing pregnancy. I really have loved it (did I really just say that)??? minus the beginning...I don't know if it's because this "may" be my last and I'm trying to enjoy every last moment...but it's been great!
by the way...my spell check doesn't work, so all of you now know what a horrible speller I am :-)

16 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah, I'm glad you have more clothes for bridget. I meant to ask you if you have any baby things left for Tessa? Or do I have all of those already? She just got in to 6-9 months. I can't wait to get rid of everything as Tessa outgrows them. I wish I could give you my carseat, but I'll need it for a couple more months. I'm glad things are going good for the last of your pregnancy. I don't seem to mind the end either. For me the beginning is the absolute worst.

Jaime said...

I can't believe that you will have a new baby in 6 weeks...Wow!!! It really seems like it has gone by fast! I am so excited to see him!! You guys have the CUTEST kids so I know he will be a doll!!!

Dena said...

I'm glad that things went well at your dr. apt. It is the gel that softens your cervix that really increases the risk of uterin rupture. I'm glad that your dr. isn't super strict about not giving you a little pitocin. It's also great that your doing so well. Pregancies aren't too bad for me either. I think with your last one you do tend to look at the positive. Ally is our last and I'm sad to see her grow so fast. I try to enjoy all her little phases and wish I could slow time even a little. Good luck with your last 6 weeks!

Melinda said...

My spell check won't work either! I wonder what the deal is.

Your pregnancy has gone so fast. I can't believe you are almost done.

I have thought about doing a little laundry every day but hate it so much. I wish we had a wand we could wave and just magicaly have it all done for us.

Christina said...

im all about doing laundry every day-i only have a load or two if i do that..when i walk past it then i hurry and do it..it really does make the laundry not such an ugly beastish fight!!

whoo hoo craigslist here you come right girl!!! i love that place...

i again will say this is the BEST youve looked pregnant!! you really are small for having a baby in 6 weeks!!! the working out really has made a difference!! when people ask me your due date i always think oh she's like 6 months because you seem small!

Kari and Brian said...

WOW 6 more week thats great. Glad all went well with the doctor. With all the energy you seem to be having at the moment you want to come do my laundry??? Someday I might catch up when the kids are all out of the house:)

Ashley said...

Oh good.....I'm so glad that doctor is going to reason with you!! I know how bummed you would be. Hopefully my little Ella is head down so I can try for a v-bac. They have loads of cute baby boy crib sets now...what colors are you looking for???

Laurie said...

Makes sense what the Dr says. I've heard it's not wise to induce if there is no dialation going on, but likely you'll be fine in that dept on a 5th baby. I'm glad it's going so well for you!

If we could all ban laundry the mothers of the world would be SSOOO HAAPPPYY!!

Laurie said...

Maybe I should not say "ban" laundry but complete it with a magic wand!

Buffy said...

It's nice to hear a pregnant women feeling so good. I'm so happy that it has been a smooth pregnancy for you. There is a lot to say for that.

Where has the time gone. I can't believe you only have 6 weeks left. That is awesome.

I hear ya on the laundry. I try to do some every day. It does make the enormous amounts of laundry seem not so bad. :D Keep feeling good. You look great.

michelle said...

How exciting! I am sure you are so happy that your baby will be here so soon! I miss babies so much.

I have the hardest time with the laundry too. I have been trying to do at least a load a day. I have noticed a huge difference. I get up, walk straight into the laundry room, and start a load. This seems to do the trick! :) Have a great weekend!

becca said...

6 weeks?! Wow...you are so close! I am glad you are feeling good, what a difference that makes!

What a fun mutual activity! I would have LOVED that when I was in young womens!

melanie said...

I think that's a great YW activity. Girls around here don't babysit as much as they used to and I think lots of them are clueless.

The next 6 weeks are going to fly! Don't feel bad about no name. Even when we started saying Reed it felt weird because he had been a no name baby for so long. Now it fits perfectly. Thank heavens it works out that way.

I have been in that laundry dilemma for the past couple weeks. I have been doing the power laundry, all of it in 2 days. I'm just now sure if I want to do it every day! But if you say it's better maybe it's worth a try. Sigh, some weeks I wish it would just go away or do itself, ha!

Amie said...

I know lots of people who like the little bit of laundry everyday. I can't seem to make it work. I feel like that way I am never done. Maybe because I iron before things get put away... maybe the way my house is set up? Either way it seems never ending.

I love to hear happy pregnant people!!!! I'm glad things are going so well for you. I can't wait to hear what name you decide on.

Missy said...

Hi, Congratulations on almost having your 5th! I am new to blogging and am a friend of Lauralee's. So, I'm going through all of her friends and meeting new people. My name is Missy. Looks like we have a lot in common, too. Come on over to my site sometime. It is new and I'm still working on it, but would love to have new friends.

Kari and Brian said...

Hey Kristen- Hope all is well with you. Tag your it... Go to my blog and check it out have fun.

Kari