Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Stayin home today

Today has been a stay at home day. Mack came down a touch of the runs yesterday. (sorry if that was too much info:) poor guy! He is doing so much better today.

I have been able to accomplish a lot today. The house is all clean, the laundry is "almost" done even my bedroom sheets got washed. I LOVE that! I could go to the next step and start organizing closets and drawers but the computer was calling my name!

Ethan has a Science Project due tomorrow.. UGH! He also has basketball practice and I have Mutual tonight... busy busy! Trevor has scouts also ( oh I just remembered that).

I have a prenatal appointment tomorrow. I have it schedueld with the Doctor this time(I usually see a midwife) we are discussing labor plans. I guess their new policy is if you have had a c-section (I had one with my first ...11 years ago). They are telling me that If i don't go into labor on my own, they will schedule me a c-section. They won't induce me. What the heck?!?!? I have always needed to be induced, I have never gone on my own. SO, I am a little anxious and nervous for tomorrows discussion with the doctor. The thing about Kaiser (my insurance) is who ever is on call is who delivers the baby and makes all the decisions, so no matter what i talk about with this doctor it really is up to the doctor on call...hope that makes sense? So lets all pray that I go into labor on my own this time around. Can you imagine having major surgury and being sent home to take care of 5 kids... From my experience with my C-section, is was the WORST!!! especially compared to all my other labors.

20 comments:

Dena said...

I have the same problem as you - Maddy was born c-section 9 yrs. ago and everyone is getting more and more strict about inductions after c-sections. I was induced w/ Jacob and luckily went into labor on my own for the last 2. I took an herb called Red Raspberry Leaf the last 6 weeks of my last 2 pregnancies. It comes in tablets or tea. I just took 3-4 tablets a day. It is supposed to stregthen your uterus to make contractions more effecient and aid in labor. I don't know if the red raspberry leaf is what helped me to go into labor on my own, but it didn't hurt either. It may be worth a try. Good Luck! I know how stressful it is knowing that if you don't go into labor by a certain point surgery will be scheduled. Talk about pressure!

Kristen said...

I'm going to try those tablets. Thanks Dena!

Taryn said...

That is the worst that you have to have a c-section if you don't go into labor on your own! After having 3 other babies after your first c-section should let you break the rules :)

Holly said...

I hope you go on your own! That is so weird their strict rules, you'd think it would be a case by case situation - good luck

And kudos to you - I have a PILE of laundry - all the beds were stripped today - that adds about 5 more loads to my day!!

Hang in there - and you look FABULOUS!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear Mack come down with the flu! As a reminder to your readers, vaccination is the single best way to protect yourself and people you love from influenza. If you come down with the flu, there are still things you can do such as taking antiviral drugs if your doctor says you need them. To protect others from the flu, take preventive actions including frequent hand washing and covering coughs and sneezes. For more information from CDC on influenza and how to protect against it or keep from spreading it, visit CDC's www.myFluNews.com.

Jaime said...

Ok...what is up with Kaiser!?!? That is so odd! I am sure that it will all work out but how dumb for them to put you through the stress. Poor Mackie!! Is he feeling better! I hope that it only lasts 24 hours.

smithfam said...

Well they say that the 2 best ways to go into labor on your own is SEX, and walking. I say EEEEWWW on both. LOL Who wants to have any part of either of those when you are 9 months preggo???? But they work darn it! Good luck tomorrow.

We have a sicko house here today too. Hope yours is better soon.:)

Melinda said...

Oh, that is a horrible way of deciding things! Why would they do it like that? I only went into labor on my own with one of my kids. I almost had a C-section with Ryan and I was freaking out about it. Thankfully Jason gave me a blessing and it all worked out. Good luck tomorrow!

Kalli Monroe said...

well u know i am all for the c-section!! reagan was not and it was my worst delivery and recovery, and the 2 c-section is always better than the first! but good luck with going on your own! we had the flu this weekend too yuck!~ we so need a girls night if u can before the bundle of joy arrives:)

Anonymous said...

That makes me so irritated. You have your rights. Don't let them tell you that you have to have a c-section. That's the last thing you need. I hope I never have to have one. You should try the Red raspberry leaf tea, I heard it really works.

donna said...

I have never had a C-section before. But i have a lot of friends that have. I heard that you feel so bad after C-section. That is takes a lot long to get back to normal.


I had to be induced 2 times out of three. Ian was the only one that i was able to gone on my own,

Good luck with your Appointment.

gojensens said...

Don't the Doctors know by now that inducing is what causes so many c-sections. We are in the U.S. where we should be more advance in technology, but sadly we are one of the worse countries statisticlly for c-sections (20th)in the world! It is because of INDUCING! I went 2weeks over with Hanna and would not let them induce me. I had to go to the hospital twice a week to check my fluid levels, but that was fine with me I wanted to make sure that baby and I were fine and if so why induce? There is no sure way to know an exact due date. Also, most women on average are 8 days late for there 1st child, but doctors are inducing 1-2 weeks early. Put your foot down, that's my opinion! Oh ya, I drank that tea with Max and Van (Max was 8 days late and Van came on his due date), try it. Good luck!

Carolee said...

They cant make you have a c-section. just refuse, what are they going to do. So what if you go over your due date, that is better than having surgery. And if you are 2 weeks over due and still not going into labor still refuse the c-section. They will have to give you something to start contractions. Just dont give in, think of the recovery!!

Christina said...

UGH!!!!!!!! i hope you go on your own!!!!

this week has been CRAZY busy for everyone?!!? whats up with that?!?! and WHY is it FREEZING outside?!?!?! to think i was going to lay out and catch some rays-dangt!

Laurie said...

Interesting discussion. I sure hope it works out well for you. I am surprised they'd rather do c-section than induce. Hmmm....Well, keep us posted as time goes on!

michelle said...

Happy Valentine's! I hope that your Dr.'s appointment went well. It sounds like you have been in the cleaning spirit at your house! Good job! :)

jenny said...

Never having a c-section I can only imagine. My recoveries were all so quick. I hope it went well. I would be totally bugged about that policy. What in the world?? Yay for a clean house--wanna come clean mine?

Kari and Brian said...

Hope all went well with the Dr. Keep us updated on what is decided.

melanie said...

I wonder how your appt went? I would feel so much pressure to get things going myself. I hope it all works out. And with your insurance maybe the on call dr will do what you want. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Emily said...

I can't even imagine coming home to recover from a c-section and take care of 5 kids! It was hard enough for me with 3! I hope to not ever have another one either! When is your due date anyway? You look great!