Sunday, September 05, 2010

It's great to be 8!

Kate turned 8 on September 2nd. Her birthday party was last night. It was a "late over" party! The pictures are out of order but here's a quick recap of how the night went.
All the girls arrived around 5:00 and quickly jumped in the pool.

After swimming and working up an appetite they grubbed on Pizza! Kate's favorite!

After pizza the girls played "hot potato" and "musical chairs" but instead of using chairs we used pillows

after a couple of games we opened presents and had cake and ice cream

Kate always loves to pick out her b-day cake from Costco, something she's always loved to do ever since she was little...like I always say, "gotta love Costco"! ha

After cake and ice cream the girls decided they wanted to have a fashion show. So they raided Kate's closet and dressed up and danced and singed. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment. They put on a great show!
After a great fashion show the girls all grabbed their pillows and blankets and watched Annie

Kate is so lucky to have such good friends!

I can't believe my sweet little girl is 8! I remember when she was born. I remember like it was yesterday how happy I was when I found out I was having a little girl. Kate has brought me so much happiness! It's hard to believe that in another short 8 years she will be 16......until then.. it sure is great to be 8!!

5 comments:

Christina said...

such a cute post! loving all the photos--and what is UP with my girls and their poses?!?!? what in the world????? im giggling at the one bikini shot--that's QUITE the bikini (the one that is BROKEN!) im so busting up--classic.

my girls had tons of fun--they came home and went RIGHT to bed---

isn't it CRAZY that we met in the mothers lounge nursing our 3 month olds!!!

Jayne said...

those eight years really went by so fast. she's a wonderful young lady, and I look forward to many more fun years with her. its fun to watch her grow

jenny said...

We have a soon to be 8 year old too. Time definitely flies. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl P)

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday to kate! Looks like it was a perfect party!

Erin said...

it is great to be eight!!! happy birthday kate!