Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Going to LA tomorrow!

I'm so excited to go to LA tomorrow with my Mom. Were heading there to get fabric for curtains that she is going to make for me. It's so nice having a Mom who can sew:)
My cousin is down with her family for the week to go to Disneyland. She is coming along, but what's even better is she is an interior designer so she will totally help me pick the fabric out. I need someone with a good eye like her. Plus, I seem to never be able to make up my mind when it comes to things like that.

Time just seems to be flying by for me. I have two more weeks until the baby arrives! I can't believe it! I do have everything ready, clothes washed and put away, car seat bought, everything is all set, all we need is baby now:) I have to admit, I'm enjoying these last few days of good sleep. As much as I cant wait to meet my little guy I know how much work it is at first and all the sleepless nights that come along with a newborn. Sleep has always been very important to me :) hahaha

I was released from my calling on Sunday. I was the 2nd counselor in YW and now I am the new YW secretary. It will be great because I can still be with all the YW that I love but the responsibilities will be so much easier for me with the new baby.

Yesterday Trevor was throwing his "hard" baseball up on top of the garage, well I walked by just at the right point in time when the ball was rolling off and it hit me right smack on the nose between the eyes. Can I just say that is the most painful thing I have experienced in a long time. I'm wondering if I broke it (which is a bummer because I already have a bump on my nose from when I broke it when I was 10). Anyway, today I have had a very sore head and nose. Even when I chew food it hurts. It's a little swollen too. I couldn't help it but I even started crying when it happened. I'm either a huge baby when it comes to pain (I think so) or it really hurt. I have never really gotten hurt like that and cried in front of the boys. Poor Trevor he felt really bad. O-well I'm sure it wont be the last ball injury here at our house :)

12 comments:

Dena said...

I hope you have a great day tomorrow! Decorating is so much more fun with help and input from others! Good luck with everything!

Reed said...

Oh man. I am such a baby. When I cut my finger I almost passed out from the blood and pain. Meanwhile, Daniel was doing dishes and acted like it was a paper cut. I was bawling from the sheer lack of sympathy!
2 weeks? Exciting!! I was always so excited when D-day got closer! I'll be praying for ya!

Jayne said...

we had a great time in LA, we got some knock off Coach purses, and Tiffany jewerly. And Kristen got some great fabric for curtains! I told her the fabric was cheap, but the labor is very expensive ( ha ha)
we had a great time, Kristen is amazing hanging in there walking everywhere! (hey, you didn't mention your sore nose.. so sorry.
LA is a fun place to be! we had a great time, and we got there with NO traffic, I couldn't beleive it.

Christina said...

what? no photo of the injury...hmmm..you went to LA huh...i think i know whats going on here-you got a NOSE JOB WOMAN!!!!

im anxious to see the new curtains once they are up! you didnt tell me about the tiffany jewelry?!?! you holding out on me?!?!

HOLY COW 2 more weeks--you know how i feel about sleepless nights..but i'll be there to totally help out!

Melinda said...

I am soo jelous of you going to LA! I have wanted to go and buy material for cutains for my dining room and piano room but am at a loss as to what to buy. Plus I need someone to sew them for me! I hope you find what you want!

Candice said...

i posted my pics go check them out!

gojensens said...

I'm a big baby when I get hurt, I think my kids have seen my cry plenty of times from stubbing my toes! You'll have to post pictures when your curtains are done, how nice of your mom! How exciting, baby will be here so soon.

Jenny said...

I love LA! I've been going lately by myself, but it's not much fun. I have a system when I go by myself. In and Out! No fooling around. No faux Coach purses. I need to spend a leisurely day up there soon. It's been a while!
I can't believe your baby is almost here. I'm so excited to see him. (whatever his name is)
Sorry about your nose. I always wished that I would break my nose, so I would have a great excuse for a nose job!

becca said...

Getting hit in the nose is one of the most painful things!! I am so sorry!

I cannot get over how close you are!! I am so excited for you. There is just nothing like having a baby around the house. It is bliss (well...after the first HARD month of no sleep that is!)

jenny said...

I am sure you had a blast in LA with your mom. Okay about the location of our house. We found out we will be in the new Cooper bldg (just off of Octillo) and our ward is Riggs 1st. Is you uncle the stake president of that ward?? Let me know--that would be cool. Happy Easter!

melanie said...

I seriously can't believe you only have a couple weeks left! It's crazy how fast it all goes.

I hope you had a great time with your mom and cousin. New curtains, how fun. Post it all before the baby gets here and you have NO time left, ha!

Laurie said...

I sure hope your nose is feeling better!! The curtain situation sounds ideal! Hope it was a success.