Wednesday, June 18, 2008

GOT TICKET?!?!?

So I got my very FIRST ticket yesterday! I"m SO proud of the fact that I have NEVER been pulled over...very proud of that fact HAha! I'm sorry to say it finally happened.
Ethan was at a friends house and it was time for me to go and pick him up. The baby had JUST gone to sleep and I was dying that I was going to have to wake him up. Noah has been nick named "cat napper" because for the past 4 days he has only taken a couple (yes TWO) 15 minute naps throughout the WHOLE day (yes you read that right)!!! So you can understand the fact that I did NOT want to wake him up...so I asked Trevor if he wouldn't mind staying home for probably 7 minutes with my sleeping Noah so that I could go pick up Ethan.
I jumped in the car with the rest of the kids and quickly left...I was on our residential street just about a mile away from my house . The cop car was pulled over on the side of the road with all his lights turned off, yes he was hiding... as I approached the stop sign he started flashing his lights. Hey at least I did a full and complete stop right? :) He got me going 40 mph.
To top it all off I forgot to grab my purse so when he asked me for my license I just about died... it wasn't looking good for me was it?
So the cop gave me my ticket and at the last second I found my purse! I had left it in the car without realizing it from Sunday when I went to visit my parents...so I ended up only getting a ticket for speeding ...thank goodness :)
Anyway, it doesn't feel good to get in trouble.. :) now I'm so nervous to go even a few miles over the speed limit. HA!

15 comments:

smithfam said...

Go Speed Racer! Go Speed Racer! Go Speed racer GOOOOOOOO!

Yeah! Welcome to the club!
How lucky that you had your purse in the car! How often does that happen???

Costa Rica Baby! said...

I hate that feeling!!!! I'm nervous about getting one here and not knowing how to communicate with the officer. Augh!!

becca said...

i am just in shock you have made it this long!! Isn't it the WORST being pulled over. I know I cried hte first time (but i was 16 )

Dena said...

Wow, I can't believe you've never been pulled over before. We were late for swim team last week and I did a rolling stop and of course that was the one time I have ever seen a cop there. He was pretty nice and gave me a warning, luckily I wasn't speeding at the moment since I was stopping. I definitely drove the speed limit the rest of the way though!

Buffy said...

Your first one, really??? That is great that you were able to make it this long. I hate tickets more than anything. It is such an awful feeling as you see the lights go on. Bummer!

loubige said...

SUCKS!!!! That is the worst feeling---hopefully you have many years until the next.

Christina said...

WHAT???? i cant believe you hadnt told me this yet!!!

geesh-im complete OPPOSITE of you! i swear i get like 3 a YEAR!?!? we wont discuss my "involvements" with cops...the last one i was so mad--after he gave it to me, i was a total snob and said, thanks for this, ill just hand it over to pete esquevil-YOU KNOW YOUR CAPTAIN!! what a loser...

Laurie said...

I'm knocking on wood as I say I haven't gotten a ticket. I've been a bad driver lately in my 9 mo prego state, and I probably should have one. I dread the day. One of those things in life I guess. Hope you're havin a good weekend.

Heather Anderson said...

That is the worst ...so sorry but it had to happen sometime, right?

Heather Anderson said...

By the way I love your family photo on the blog...so cute!

melanie said...

Oh I hate when they are hiding! I've only gotten one in all my days of driving (knocking on wood now) but I hated that feeling.

I ALSO hate the feeling of waking a baby that just went to sleep. I so would have done the same thing.

Kari and Brian said...

Oh I hate that! I got my first ticket ever about 6 months ago. Not a fun thing. Brian just laughed cause it took so long to finally get one.

Anonymous said...

Thant's so funny. I know how you feel. I got pulled over for the first time ever last month too. Luckily I was driving in Kevin's "area" and the cop knew him so he let me off. Then tonight I ran a red light (kind of accidently) and I just felt so bad like I could have killed someone or something. I hate "getting in trouble" too. FYI If you ever get a "fixit ticket" just call Kevin and he can take care of it for you.

Ashley said...

Wow..that's pretty good for just getting your first ticket!! Isn't it funny how the ONE time you do something wrong is the ONE time you get caught!! At least that's how it happened with me...

michelle said...

ohhh not fun! Hopefully this will be the first, and last. :)