Monday, January 15, 2007

MLK Day

Today was a great day. We went to Chino to spend the day at my parents house and let the kids play with their cousins. The boys got to go and see a movie while I stayed and visited with my Mom and sister. I didn't want to stay home today and was determined to go out and do something fun. We all ended up having a great time! My Mom made spaghetti...I love not having to fix anything for dinner. Why does your Mom's food always tastes better?!?
We are home now and the kids are picking up their rooms. Todd is helping out with that...I told him I had the kids all day it's his turn. He is leaving at 9:00 to go to the gym so I get a little break before he leaves. He wants to loose some weight, so he is starting his "diet" today. We should probably do a quick FHE before he leaves. My Mom gave me cool church picture/story things that would be perfect (thanks Mom)!
Mack seems to be coming down with a cough...he was up coughing a lot through the night, I hope tonight is better and that we both get some sleep! I just washed my sheets, I LOVE clean sheets!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day for you! It is totally true that mom's food ALWAYS tastes better!

My 2 year old has had a cough for over a week now and I am starting to get worried. I gave her so much cough medicine tonight that she is out and I haven't heard so much as one cough...it is neve fun when they are sick!! Monday is my "change the sheets day" too!!! My favorite night of the week!

becca said...

That anonymous was from me, I hit the wrong button, sorry :)

Taryn said...

I changed my sheets today too! I watched this Oprah episode a couple of weeks ago that showed all the nasty bugs and stuff that live in things like sheets! Such a motivator to change them more often! Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun day. I also love clean sheets!!!!!!

melanie said...

Clean sheets are the best and you are right, NOTHING beats when my mom is cooking. I miss her cooking all the time!

Laurie said...

I love not having to fix dinner either by joining family.

Did your mom give you the gospel art kit? Love that for FHE.

Anonymous said...

ahh clean sheets- mine will be done today when the cleaners do it - FABULOUS!!

nice of you to put todd to work like that- that cracks me up! i will make jon tell the girls a story now while im trying to prep dinner, or have him help sarah with piano..i just CANT DO EVERYTHING!!!

love food by anyone else!!

Anonymous said...

loved having you over kristen,
okay, now I need to wash my sheets..

looking forward to saturday's games,
mom