Monday, July 02, 2007

Happy 2nd Birthday Mack!


Today is Mack's birthday. I can't believe that it's been two whole years! It's always fun to imagine exactly what I was doing two years ago....like ok i think I may have been pushing right now :)
I remember that I wasn't very fond of the name my husband picked out. "Mack" was THE NAME and there was NO CHANGING my husbands mind. He said that I named the rest of the kids so it was his turn. I remember when the nurse at the hospital asked me the new baby's name I said "Ryan" in stead of Mack because I was too embarrassed. Isn't that funny?!?!? Now I LOVE it! Maybe it's because I LOVE him so much he could be named anything and I would love it. But seriously it fits him perfectly and it has definitely grown on me and i love the name Mack Ryan.
Last night we celebrated Mack's birthday at Todd's parents house. Here are a few pictures of the celebration.





Mack has been the best baby! I have really enjoyed him, he is my little buddy. I remember secretly wanting another girl so that Kate would have a sister. I have 4 sisters and I know how special sister relationships are. But of course I'm so glad that I had another boy. It's so fun to see him with his two older brothers. He LOVES Trevor and Ethan. He LOVES to play baseball or play with any kind of ball.He loves to go "swimmin in the pool".
Kate and Mack also have a special relationship. When Kate has her friends over the girls like to play dress up and Mack likes to join in the fun.

This picture makes me laugh, how funny is that?!?!? It's nice to see he has a sensitive side to go along with his "all boy" side.
Mack will be so lonely when Kate starts Kindergarten this fall.

We love you Mack! Happy Birthday!!!

14 comments:

Taryn said...

What a cute 2 year old!! That's too funny that you told the nurse his name was Ryan when he was born! Happy Birthday Mack!

Anonymous said...

I love your blogs Kristen, they are really special.. I hope you back them up because if your computer crashed you would be so sad!

glad Mack was born! he sure is a cutie... all of your kids are wonderful , you and todd are great parents...
love,
mom

Matt said...

Mack is adorable! You don't hear that name very often, but you're right it does seem to fit him. What a special little boy!

Carolee said...

Happy Birthday Mack! He is seriously so cute!! I just want to squeeze him.

Carolee said...

Happy Birthday Mack! He is seriously so cute!! I just want to squeeze him.

becca said...

What a sweet post! Mack is just adorable (and I LOVE the name :) and I hope he has a wonderful 2nd birthday! The pictures are beautiful!

Buffy said...

He is too cute. Your family is so good looking!! happy b'day Mack!!

smithfam said...

What a cutie! I love the name Mack. It is a very cool name. Looks like he was loving that cake, but who wouldnt? It looked way to good. He and my Judson share the same Bday. Hope he has a great day.

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Mack! I love that name...I know what you mean about the sister thing - I have 2 brothers, my husband has 3 brothers, my mom has 3 brothers, my MIL has 3 brothers, and my daughter now has 3 brothers!!!

Would have loved more girls around!

Christina said...

ahhh big mack--too cute! HEHEH

i forgot that his and ethan's bdays are SO close!!

jenny said...

Happy Birthday Mack!! What a cutie. I LOVE that photo of you and the family--gorgeous!

melanie said...

Mack, you are adorable! I love the dressed up photo. He is going to LOVE that late in life, ha! Two year olds are fun (most of the time) I love when they start talking and say funny words. Happy Birthday big boy!

donna said...

Oh Mack is way cute!

HAPPY B-DAY!

Lauralee said...

Mack is adorable! what a sweet little boy! I just love my baby boy.. I only have one boy.. but I adore him!