Saturday, May 19, 2007

Time out for Woman


Here is a picture of my Mother-in-law Bettie and I at "time out for woman". We had such a great day. The speakers were so good! I didn't think to bring a pen to take notes, thankfully Laurie was there taking good notes. Speaking of Laurie, we met for the first time today. It was so neat to meet her. She is so cute and so nice! I'm bummed that I didn't get a picture with her!
What a highlight to hear Jane Clayson Johnson speak on "Embracing your Season". Awesome talk! I picked up her book, "I am a Mother" I'm very excited to read that! Also hearing the music from Hilary Weeks (she is amazing and oh so talented)! It was also neat to hear Virginia Pearce speak (daughter of Pres. Hinkley).
It was an uplifting day so glad I was able to go!
I forgot to mention that Christina went with Bettie and I on Friday night, lets just say that eating at "Racks BBQ" was more of the highlight of the night-haha! Friday night was short with one speaker and a musical presentation....not that impressed with the entertainment (the talk was good though)! Saturday was much better...
Here is a fun picture of the boys "laying out by the pool" (the sun was so bright)!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, are your boys so cute or what?

mack looks like a big kid now.. he's so fun!

great blog sissy!

mom

Laurie said...

Kristen, It was so cool to see you today! You are as pretty in person as you are in picture. I love seeing blogging friends and instantly recognizing them. It didn't even take me a split second to know that you were you. I love instant friends.

I agree with you - Jane, Hilary and Virgina were all great. The men weren't as good, though I liked the topics of pretty much everybody. I'm gonna start typing up my notes and I'll post em all. You will be impressed by my level of detail, I hope. Oh, I was thinking the same thing after I left - we should have taken a picture for our blogs!:-)

donna said...

How fun! I love Jane Clayson Johnson. She was one of my favorites at Time out for Women. Great pictures of your boys!!!!! Fun in the sun!

Melinda said...

How fun to go to one of those. That would be so great to be apart of. You will love the book. I am almost done and it is soooo good.

Lauralee said...

I want to read that book! I have heard it is good! glad you had a great time at time out! how fun to see a blog friend! that is neat! enjoy the pool!

michelle said...

Kristen, it sounds like you had a fun weekend! There is nothing more wonderful than getting uplifted bu wise words, and music. How fun that youg to you got to meet up with Laurie.

becca said...

So glad you got to go to that! I really want to read that book, I have heard such great things about it lately!

Jill said...

What is up with no notebook or pen? Is it because you don't have one or because you were so giddy about getting out of the house that you didn't even think about it? Or perhaps you have a photographic memory. I retain very little if I don't take notes.

It's fun that you and Laurie recognized each other and got to meet.

everything pink! said...

oh, i would love to meet laurie someday.

ok should have read this first, so I saw that it was Hillary weeks, so great.

i will be checking for laurie's notes

Anonymous said...

I love Mack, he's the cutest! Love the picture of your boys.
Joy

melanie said...

I love Hilary Weeks, I have seen her a couple time at Time Out. Love her talent, she's funny too!

I want to meet bloggers all the time. So fun to meet Laurie!

jenny said...

I am wishing we had some of that great bright sunshine hear. Glad you had a wonderful time!

Amie said...

How fun to meet Laurie. Time out for Women sounds great. I don't think we have those here but I know my mom enjoys it.

Good job on the cleaning. That is my next project too...