Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm back.....

Our family was lucky enough to get invited to spend the week at the beach with our friends the Williamson's. My friends dad is a property manger and manages a few beach houses in New Port Beach. There was a house that wasn't able to get rented last week so we were able to rent the house for half price. We had such a good time! It's always more fun to go with another family. We got to go on a bike rides, out to dinner, eat smores (a personal favorite)!, and of course spend time on the beach. Here is a picture of our cool bike that we rented and one with all of the kids.


It's always so much work when you get home and see all that needs to be done to get things cleaned and put back to normal. So between keeping the kids entertained and laundry the past few days have been busy.
Ethan is getting baptized this Saturday. So I have some things I need to do to get ready for that. I'm trying to figure out what I should feed the family after the baptism. Any suggestions??? I want to keep it easy. We have a pretty large family between Todd and I. My nephew is also getting baptised that day so my sister in law will be helping out. I'm really excited. I need to go to Ensign Book store and get a book for the guests to sign. I want Ethan's baptism day to be really special for him. I'm looking for forward to it.

11 comments:

donna said...

Oh how fun. A beach house.

At my son's baptism, we had lots of family and friends there. So I wanted to keep it easy. So after the baptism, we all met at my in-laws. I order pizza, salad, bread sticks and drinks. Oh a then we had ice cream cones for a treat.

Kristen said...

that sounds really good! I like that idea!!

smithfam said...

How lucky! Beach house x 2. Sounds fun. We have served tri tip sandwiches at our baptisms and parties. It feeds alot and is so yummy. If you are interested, I will give you the marinade recipe. Glad you are back.

Christina said...

im with linda..how can you beat crock pot'd bbq beef sandwiches! SO EASY and feeds TONS!!

fun to see pics at the beach-thats a fun bicycle thingy there!!

becca said...

So fun to get to spend another week at the beach! What a great summer you guys are having!

Good luck with the baptism...sounds like it will be a great day!

Summer said...

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun! Your pics are adorable!
At Josephs birthday party last week I ordered a 6 foot sub from Subway. It was really good and we had lots left over. You can also get a party platter for pretty cheap. I just picked it up about 30 minutes before the party...no work at all! Just a suggestion.

Holly said...

Gosh, we need more friends like you! A last minute beach house, what luck. congratulations with the baptism!

michelle said...

How fun for you! We where in Newport last summer! I love it there! For some of the kids baptisms I did sub sandwiches. I ordered them before hand at Subway. Then I made different salads, chips, and dips.

jenny said...

I know what you mean about getting back into the groove. I am currently trying to do that. How fun to spend a week at the beach! Doug's family goes next week and we are so sad we can't go. Maybe next year.

Lauralee said...

a beach house.. how fun! looks like a great time. I love going to the beach.. but I know the beaches in WA state are quite different than Ca beaches... for one I remember them being warm.. Here it is cold.. if you go in.. it is just wading.. I need to take a trip to Cali!

Anonymous said...

What a fun time at the beach house. It's memories like those your kids will remember. How exciting that the baptism is this weekend. My son was baptised last November and it was such an amazing experience for our whole family. We usually grill hambergers when we have the family over.