Monday, November 26, 2007

Were Home!




We had such a good time in Arizona! We got to see both sides of my family. We spent Thanksgiving with my Mom's family and we went to a Family reunion on Saturday night with my Dad's side of the family. It was so good to see so many family members that we don't get to see very often. Both my parents grew up in AZ. Most everyone still lives there so there were lots and lots of cousins. It was so fun!

We stayed with my sister Melissa and her family which was really fun. Here is a recap of our trip.

We left Riverside Tuesday afternoon and got to AZ Tuesday night. I remember as a kid how long the trip was it really is such a quick easy trip. Not bad at all...we got there in 5 hours. Tuesday night we just hung out and visited. We went to see my other sister Candice and see her new cute apartment and she cut my two older boys hair.

Wed. we went to the Phoenix zoo. Melissa had free passes so we didn't have to pay. The weather was beautiful! (for some reason, I can't get my photos to download where I want them to).

Thursday was Thanksgiving at the new Chandler park. The food was to die for! Our family is just so big my Aunt decided to have it at the park. I wish I would have taken pictures.

Friday Todd went dirt bike riding in the morning with all the guys and as soon as he got home I was out the door to lunch with all the girls followed by some shopping! We hit this really fun boutique and I ran into Michelle and her daughter Sara. It was so fun! I instantly recognized her and ran over to say hi. It's just the weirdest thing to see someone you have never met but feel like you know them so well. She was so nice and it was so fun meeting her!

Friday night was game night with all the couples. My cousin had everyone over for games. Here is a picture of some of the girl cousins along with the yummy appetizer and dessert table.
Saturday night was the McCook Family reunion. As soon as that was over we hit the road and made it home just after midnight.
I really enjoyed this trip. We are home now and back to the grind. I'm really looking forward to Christmas now!!

14 comments:

jenny said...

Bummers we didn't cross paths, but it sounds like you guys visit AZ enough that we will be able to hook up one of these times.

You look so great and cute prego!! Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I didn't realize your parents were both from AZ...fun!

Cara Fish said...

SO fun to see you this week! Why do we only do it every two years? :)

Christina said...

apparently you have to be gorgeous and stunning to be in the mccook family! GEESH such pressure!!

wow the boys REALLY did get a haircut! it looks good--it must be hard having boys you always have to cut their hair-i always have a cow and tantrum when i have to cut jons hair "again"..it needs it..but we just keep gelling it in place! haha

im glad you go to go--quick trips really are soo good for everyone!

Jayne said...

it was so fun!

glad you guys had such a good time and got home safe and sound.

mom

Buffy said...

Sounds like a great trip. I'm glad you had such a good time. You ladies are all so cute!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a blast. you have a great family. I love them. It's even funner as an adult to get together with the fam, don't ya think?

michelle said...

Kristen, I was sooo happy that we ran into eachother! That was a highlight for sure! Thank you so much for introducing yourself to Sarah, and I!!! After we left, Sarah, and I kept commenting on how beautiful, and sweet you are. I told her, you are just like you are on your blog! :) I have my geneology book out. I will do some research, and see if we are related! :) So fun! I am glad that you, and your sweet family made it home safely.

Melinda said...

How fun to run into Michelle!

I am with Chris. What is up with everyone looking like models in that first picture? Are they all family? I would soo feel the prersure.

Glad you had such a great trip!

Amie said...

Wow. You guys are all so pretty.

What a fun weekend. I love trips like that when everything is just fun and easy!

donna said...

Wow what a gorgeous family you have.

I love Az. It is always so much fun things to do there.
Michelle called, and told me about how she just met you. The blog world is so small :)

Taryn said...

Thanksgiving was so fun!

P.S. I stole some of your pics because I hardly took any...I hope you don't mind!

smithfam said...

Your family is so beautiful! Glad you had a nice vacation!
Why are you hiding in those pcitures? We want to see more of that cute baby belly :)

Erin said...

How fun. Isnt so fun to hang with the family? i love this time of year for that reason. It seems i see them more frequently at the end of the year. Im glad you guys had such a great time. Sorry you are back into reality. haha

Lauralee said...

that is so neat you could meet michelle.. that has got to be wierd to recognize and know her but never have met!

you look great! sounds like a fun trip.. I can not fathom thanksgiving dinner in a park!!!!!!!! how fun and convenient with that many people!