Friday, April 04, 2008

Introducing...

NOAH ROBERT THOMPSON
7 LBS. 5 OZ 19.5 inches
Born April 2nd...





He is here and I'm in love! There is nothing better than a newborn baby and meeting the person that was growing inside of you. It's hard to imagine that this is what I was carrying around inside me all that time! He is so sweet!
Thanks Christina for updating everyone with the last post:)
I did wake up around 4:00am the day of my due date with contractions about every 10-15 minutes apart. Around 6:00 am they started to become more uncomfortable and about every 2-5 minutes apart. We got to the hospital at 7:30 am, I was in SO MUCH PAIN...how do woman do this? How can anyone experience that kind of pain (can you tell it's still fresh in my mind :)?
By the time I received my epidural it was 10:15 am and I had him at 10:57 am. It only took about 3 pushes and he was out. I can't believe how fast he came, it almost didn't seem real. I went from a 6 to a 10 and ready to push in less than 45 minutes! Epidurals work wonders for me:) This was the first time that I went into labor on my own and without pitocin. I feel so lucky, overall my whole labor was about 5 hours...No c-section..I feel so blessed to have a new healthy baby boy!
Everyone has been so nice and so many have offered to help with the kids and bring meals in. My Mom has helped so much, she has been here to watch the kids and make yummy food, clean, and she just does everything the way I like it, thanks so much Mom!
It's so neat to see the love that my children have for the new baby. It's priceless...I wish I could freeze this special time and make it last a little longer...
Todd ended up deciding his name, I don't know what was up with me but the pressure of picking his name was too much (can you say hormones)?? So I told Todd to just decide and Noah was the name he picked...Robert is my Grandpa's name so I knew I wanted that for the middle name....but I think it fits him well :).
Thanks everyone for your well wishes! I appreciate it!!

26 comments:

smithfam said...

He is so beautiful! But then again, look at his mommy! You look great. Makeup and everything. I never had time to get makeup on for any of my kids. I look scary.
I love the picture of all of the kids around the baby. Those are my favorite.
Take care and keep us posted if you can. Congratulations!!

Ps You guys did a great job on the name.

Ashley said...

SOOOO Cute Kristen!!! He is adorable, and you look amazing!!! Hair all done and everything!! I know with Jacob I looked like a tornado hit me after I had him, (because it did)!! His name is super cute, Todd did a good job, but you are too nice to let him decide!!!

Laurie said...

Noah is a very cute name. Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you, and glad to hear you are happy with how things have gone and that all has gone well with the baby's arrival. Your mom sounds wonderful. Take care and keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

O Kristin, I'm so happy for you guys. It makes me excited for my baby to get here. You look awesome. I remember Todd wanted to name Trevor, Noah didn't he? I like it a lot. And you are so lucky to have a mom that knows just what you want and need and does it. Nice.

loubige said...

Yeah!!! He's so cute Kristen and you look great. I'm so excited that you had a quick labor and you WENT into labor without pitocin--I always wanted that. I like his name, I can already hear Todd chanting it when he's playing sports! :-) It's so nice to have moms around when we have babies, so glad she's there to help you and the fam. Congratz!

Kalli Monroe said...

so cute. glad everything went smooth and fast. the kids look so in love with him:) babies are such a blessing. hope to see u soon.

melanie said...

First off, you look amazing!! Noah is adorable and I love his name. It's one we tossed around too. The kids are so cute looking at him. He already has a fan club that's for sure!

I'm so glad you have your wonderful mom to help you out! It's priceless work no doubt! Get rest while she's around. And when you can, post ever changing photos of new little Noah!

Taryn said...

I cannot wait to meet him! He is just so sweet!

Carolee said...

I love the pictures of your other kids with the baby, especially Macks look on his face!!

Jill said...

Congratulations Kristen!!!

Jenny said...

Yay!I've been waiting for this post. I am so happy that he's here safe and sound! I love Noah. I think it's perfect for him!

becca said...

I am so happy for you. This post just makes me cry (brings back the fresh wonderful memories of those first precious moments with a new baby!)

I am so glad everything went well and that you went into labor on your own. He is adorable and I LOVE the name! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you!

Melinda said...

Congrats!! He is so beautiful and you look great also! Noah is a great name. He was also born on Jason's bday. How fun.

I hope you are feeling well!

Christina said...

uh hello-your going to have to tell everyone that you look SO GOOD because you NEVER wash your makeup off from night before so you look fabulous when you wake up! (i know our little secret)heheh

moms are the best-especially when they know JUST how do things the way you want--your mom is too cute--

i do have my face mask, and gloves ready to come "visit" you know cuz your a GERM FREAK!!

Kristen said...

for that germ freak comment Christina...you can't come at all now.... HA HA!

and for the record....I did manage to squeeze in time between contractions to take a bath and put fresh make up on... it wasn't makeup from the night before :)

I knew there would be picture taking going on... talk about planning ahead :)

gojensens said...

Like your friend Becca I cried from this post too. I'm sure it's from all those wonderful pregnancy hormones! I just loved the pic. with all your kids around Noah, Toad did a great job on the name. Danny has picked both Max and Van's names. Well, Congratulations hope all is well.
P.S. You look fabulous!

Lisa M. Jolley said...

Congratulations!!! WOW, 5! You look great after labor!! The kids look so excitied to have a new brother. Good Luck!

Buffy said...

He is darling! Congratulations!! You all look so good. The kids looking at him is so precious. I love those photos! :D

I am glad to hear all is well and that it went as well as it could. :D How nice to have your mom around. Mom's are wonderful! Take care and I hope you can rest some.

jenny said...

You look gorgeous Kristen! He is adorable. Congrats to you and your family!!

michelle said...

Oh, Kristin he is darling! I am so happy for you, and your family. I love the name Noah, so sweet. Enjoy this wonderful time. Try, and get some rest too! :) Hugs

Kari and Brian said...

Kristen and Todd,
Congratulations! Noah is sooo darling. The kids look really excited to have a new baby brother. Looking forward to seeing more pictures. You look so good!!
Have fun with that new little baby boy.

Reed said...

Thank the good Lord for epidurals. I had seven eps and loved all of them!
He is such a handsome boy! Congrats to you all, I'm tearing up and my kids think I'm nuts right now :)

JaimieDenkers said...

Hi Kristen, How blessed you are to have such a beautiful family. Sounds like everyone is doing great. Hope to hear from you soon.
Jaimie Denkers

Kristen said...

jaime! so good to hear from you! Don't know if your reading this now but if you are email me with your contact info, I don't know how to get a hold of you but would love to get in touch!

tawni said...

CONGRATS! I love the name! He is so cute. You have such a beautiful, amazing family. I always look at your blog and it gives me inspiration to be a better mom with lots of kids. You look beautiful like you didn't even break a sweat! Congrats again!

JaimieDenkers said...

Kristen it is Jaimie Denkers info is email scroggy1@verizon.net and 12637 Madrona St.
Victorville CA 92394
Hm:760-951-8170
Cell:760-559-4677 I do not blog yet just got the info from Scotts mom.