Today started off getting the kids off to school followed by taking Mack to Music Makers. After that we headed to the gym and I did my 35 minutes of cardio. I came home and quickly took a shower before I had to pick Kate up from Kindergarten. Then we were off to Target to get a few things. The kids always like it when I take them to the donut shop so I told them if they were good at the store I would get them a donut.
Mack has really become quit independent and has to do everything by him self. So it makes for practicing my patience and things taking a lot longer than they normally would.
"I do it myself" is his new favorite phrase. When your in a hurry it's not so cute :)
I'm home now and need to figure dinner out. Why is that so hard for me? Can't someone just tell me what to fix? I get so sick of the same 5 things but am not adventurous enough to try new things. I know that it's so much easier to do dinner if you think of it and get it started in the mornings but I never seem to do that, will I ever learn?
I better go wake Mack up from his nap or he will never go to sleep tonight. Hopefully something yummy will magically appear for dinner tonight!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 comments:
did anything magically appear? a pizza cute boy or anything?!?!
guess what we are having--chicken pot pie--too funny huh!!
sounds like a successful day..oh i remember becca being that way ms. independent--she's improving her time i have to admit..doesnt take so long..or maybe ive succumbed under pressure and allow myself 15 minutes instead of 5 whenever i go somewhere!!
Pulling off dinner is hard even when I do the same meals. I just can't ever seem to have food on hand that seems exciting or ready for my menu plans. But it seems like I'm grocery shopping all the times. In heaven we won't be cooking!
Wouldnt that be nice to twitch our nose or push a button like the Jetsons and have food appear??? I hate figuring out meals to make. Tonight I made Beef Stew and had to litterally sit down with one of my precious darlings while he gagged down a carrot!! Drives me bonkers!
Hope your feeling good.
Dinner can be hard for me to figure out too. It is on those nights that I make eggs, and bacon, or sloppy joes! Easy, and fast. :)
I have the same problem!
I am the same when it comes to dinners. I hate coming up with it every night. I make the family give me 7 meal ideas so that i have something. We really should post on a certain day what we are making for the week so we can get new ideas.
The only thing that I've figured out for dinners is to decide what to make for the week before I go grocery shopping. I have a hard time thinking of things, so I make Travis come up with at least 1/2. Then I shop for everything I'll be needing. Things always come up and you run out of time or you don't feel well or you forget to thaw something, so it's aways good to have a couple of easy dinners to pull out at the drop of a hat like breakfast for dinner, grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, spaghetti, etc. Wouldn't it be great if we could prepare dinner in a snap and the kids actually liked whatever we made?!?!
I also have a hard time making dinner at night.
Tonight is a easy night. EAT OUT! :)
I e-mailed you a very simple, but REALLY good recipe that we love. Hope you like it as much as we do!
send katie's recipe to the rest of us!
mack is just too cute to ever get inpatient with him.
I make a menu before I go to the store and I even try to write it on a calender so that later on I can look back on what I made. This wasnt my bright idea, I learned from Mom:)
Sometimes I feel like I only rotate between 3 dinners. What are your five, ha! It gets so old to me too, I swear I'll never learn to do it before late afternoon.
Toddler independence is so hard. I was always frustrated with that stage. I hope to do better this time around.
Dinners are hard especially when you are pregnant. I have learned lately that planning is the key. I am a HUGE fan of the crockpot. We too are in a rut of the same meals.
I just tried meatball sandwiches for the first time and they were YUMMY! All you have to do is get precooked meatballs throw them in the crock pot and pour marinara sauce on top. I simmered them on low all day and fixed it when we were ready to eat. Add that to some sub sandwiches and mozzarella cheese and voila dinner! (sorry for the long post)
I do better if we decide on Sunday what we want to have for the week. Jimmy isn't a crock pot lover but I wish he was.... I love having it done in the morning. Maybe I should work on that today....
I always hate when it is 4pm and I haven't even given dinner a second thought - do kids really get hungry??? I always go in spurts - one week great well planned meals, the next - dinosaur chicken anyone???
Post a Comment