Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Update on Mack

AFTER.....(I couldn't get a smile out of him:)

Before..

K, so I have the pictures mixed up but you get the point:) His new cast is half the size of his first one. He calls it his "baby cast" and it's so much better! What's even better is that he gets this one off in 8 days!! We went to his appointment on Tuesday and they removed the pins, they just slid right out it was crazy! His bone looked really good.. he's nice and healed. This new cast is more of a protector for the next little while since the pins were just removed, so over all he has healed up nicely!

14 comments:

Dena said...

The new cast looks great! I'm sure it's so much easier to deal with. I bet you're glad this whole process is almost over! YAY!

Laurie said...

It's gotta be tough for a little boy to have a cast on. I can't imagine. I suppose very few families get through the childhood years without someone getting a cast. Glad it's healing.

Jayne said...

he is the sweetest thing ever,
so sorry both you and him have gone through this ordeal.

can't wait for the cast to be off.

how will you celebrate

Buffy said...

Yeah!!! I bet he loves a much smaller cast. His smile is so cute! Good news to hear everything is healing well.

Christina said...

oh too cute..i cant believe his pins were sticking out though! HELLO!!

becca said...

I am so glad he is doing okay. He is such a little cutie!! Broken bones are so scary, I am glad everything worked out and horray for the cast coming off so soon!

Anonymous said...

Mac has the cutest face! Don't kids say the funnest things? I like the name of baby cast.

Joy

Melinda said...

Glad he is doing so well.

Holly said...

Poor Mack but hooray that he gets his cast off soon! It always is so hard when the little guys get casts - 6 weeks seems like forever, and snce you had pins it was probably longer!!! My #3 loved having a green one and an orange cast - it's so nice they have new colors!

jenny said...

Oh, only 8 more days, I am sure that is a relief. What a cutie and a tough little guy!

donna said...

Oh what a cute little boy :) Glad to hear that he is doing better!!!!!

smithfam said...

OOOH, he is so dang cute! Poor guy with that honkin cast. glad he is getting better.

Taryn said...

I can't believe the difference in the size of those casts! The "after" is much more Mack's size!

michelle said...

He is a cutie pie! I am glad that things are healing well.