Monday, April 02, 2007

Gonna be sore!

I went to the gym today and took a body sculpting class, we lifted free weighs practically the whole time and I am so sore already. It was the first time taking the class so I asked the girl next to me what kind of weights I should use. She said to start out with 2 and 4 pound because we use them the whole hour....I went ahead and grabbed the 4 and 6 pound weights. Boy was I wrong! I lasted maybe 20 minutes into the routine before i dropped from the 6lb to the 4lb then i ended the class using the 2lb...my arms and legs (from all the squats) felt like jello, it was pretty funny! Christina got there right when the class started and used the 8 pound weights because that's all that was left...it was so funny! Tomorrow won't be fun that's for sure...

Most ot the day today I have been working on my California Mission Project (I mean Trevor's California Mission Project-hahaha). It's due tomorrow and I'm happy to report that it's finished! YAH!

11 comments:

Christina said...

had i KNOWN we'd be using the freaking weights the WHOLE time - i NEVER would have grabbed the 8lbs!!! thanks for letting me steal yours and then eventually getting smart and grabbing the 2lbs-seriously that was WAY HARD!!

what no picture of your project??? i was even going to grade you! haha

Lauralee said...

I love weight lifting classes.. I did one forever and you can still tell looking at my biceps.. it is tough.. I have been stuck w/ the 8 and 10 lbs before.. not too fun!

I just did a project on wolves last week- well actually my daughter! :) hope you aren't too sore!

Carolee said...

good for you at the gym. i need to get serious and loose these last 8 lbs. i want to have them gone by jeffs graduation, that means only 6 weeks left. i better not but it off any longer!!

jenny said...

I guess that is why I stay away from weights. I am a total whimp! Just think pretty soon you'll be strong and buff :)

michelle said...

I am so impressed with how well yu are doing. I s badly eed to make it a goal to get back to the gym. YEA! for finishig the project you were working on with your son.

donna said...

WOW a great class you went too. Good job girl!!!!!! What a wonderful mom you are, to help your son with his
California Mission Project.
Have a wondeful day!

becca said...

How fun to get to go to the gym and take classes. I never belonged to a gym except for one year at BYU. It was the best thing! I love taking classes, especially aerobic ones. So fun for you guys!

Being sore is no fun, but at the same time it is such a great feeling to know that you worked your body hard...kind of a healthy feeling!

Buffy said...

Those weight classes kill me! Good for you. It sounds like you guys are doing a great job on your "biggest loser" competition. I'm with Christina...let's see your project! Good job...A+ :D

smithfam said...

I do like weight classes with weights. Not an aerobic girl, but I like weights. You are so funny about "helping" with Trevors project. It always seems to be that it is more our project then theirs. If you girls keep up with this weight lifting you are going to be like SpongeBob Buffpants. LOL

Melinda said...

THat is so funny about the project. It is so true about us doing it . DOn't the teachers know that?

Ahh, the weights. THat is a killer. Good job going!

Laurie said...

I haven't belonged to a gym in a long time. I love aerobics, but have not tried weights. Good thing you know to run for the 2 lbers now. ;-)

I hope you're having a good week!