
I'm happy to report that today was a success! The kids went to bed on time last night, we woke up early. The kids were so excited to start school! I walked Kate in to the kindergarten section and since we were early we decided to go check and see if the boys made it to their classes OK. Sure enough they had found all their friends and were on the play ground. Kate was really excited and it wasn't hard for either of us to say good bye to each other. I don't know if it's because she is my 3rd to start school or if it's because of Kate's personality. She's very outgoing and independent.
Mack and I had a fun time spending time together just the two of us. We met some friends for lunch to celebrate "back to school" it was a lot of fun. I decided to get the stroller out and walk to school to pick Kate up. Big mistake! It was so hot and a lot longer walk than I thought. I was dripping in sweat when I got home, plus I wore my .99 cent old navy flip flops, not the best shoe support:). The boys will be home soon and I can't wait to hear all about their day. Although, they don't ever say much, I can never get much info out of them:) Kate was happy to report that she found a friend. All and all it's been a great day!


12 comments:
what a great update.. fun to see the shirt I gave ethan he wore.
all the kids look so grown up.
i hope you have a wonderful year.
time is going by fast!
mom
lunch was so fun! That is to funny about walking to school to pick up kate. It is so hot today just waiting for the bell to ring i was sweating... That why we have to wait to start walking. I think i got more done today then i have all summer with the kids home.
are you going to report that you did NOT wear your new fab jacket?!?!?
i was the same way with anna-it was like okay well catch ya later i GUESS!??! i think its because it was my 3rd and her personality..
im SO glad they were good about going to bed and waking up-i hope it doesnt wear off!
I am glad to hear it was a success! My oldest starts kindergarten next week and I am already emotional about it!
Wow back to school for your kids . How fun!!!! Cute picture :)
cute pictures.. my madison has the same shirt kate has on.
fun to go out with your friends to celebrate back to school! that is awesome! maybe I should get my friends to do something like that next week!
I was totally okay sending my oldest to Kindergarten.. I think she was so eager, and independent.. I totally thought I would cry but I walked away so happy! (sad to admit that) but then when madison started 2 years later, I cried right there at the door, so embarrassing.. but it is still sad to me.. I love that they go to school, most of the time.. I wonder what sending my 3rd will be like!
Cute picture. My day was the same way with my kindergartner. He was like, okay mom, you can go now and I was like alrighty then, see ya later!
I still have two home even with the three older gone. It is a little of a break I guess?
How fun to go to lunch on your first day of a little freedom! :) It is so nice to get the kids back in school, and get into a routine again. I am wondering if you wore the floral jacket on Sunday? hee hee :)
I have to pry a lot out of my boys as well. Glad you had a successful day. It has been pretty hot here as well. Cute photo!
What a great first day of school! It's so fun to see the little ones start kindergarten and yes, I agree, I think the 3rd ones are more brave ...... and so are the we by then. Congrats to you!
The kids look very cute - very fun to have walked to the school, but sorry about your feet!!
The kids all look soooo cute!!! How exciting for you that they are all in school!! I bet your house is so quiet....you know what that means??? It's time for another one :)
Post a Comment