Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Where have I been???

It's been busy over here at the Thompson's! Sorry I haven't been the best at updating my blog. Things are good over here. As far as the dog is going...well, I'm not sure how I feel about having a new member of the family. He escaped out of our backyard on Sunday. We found him Sunday afternoon. Our neighbor had found him. He likes to sneak out of the yard so we have to keep him on a leash or in the garage. It's such a pain! (He fits right through our rod iron gate). It would be so much easier to just be able to let him out in the yard. OK, enough of the dog but just for the record, I'm not feeling it:)

We went to the beach yesterday. It was really fun. Count down until school starts so not many more beach days. The kids just love it. My sister Joy is coming over today with her kids, it will be nice to have her over to visit with. Todd and I are going on an over night date tomorrow. My sister Carolee is going to watch the kids for us. I'm so glad that she is willing to do this. I'm happy because I can tell her "no pool while we are gone". Carolee feels the same way about the pool as I do so I will feel rest assured that everyone will be safe:) So back to the date, are plan is to go to Ruth Cris Steakhouse (the best) for dinner then to the Westin Hotel in Palm Springs. The rates are cheap in the summer since it's so dang hot. It's been such a busy summer with so much going on it will be nice to get a way, even if it's for one night! I'm looking forward to sleeping in!!!
Carolee's husband has to work so she will be here with her two kids and all 4 of mine. Isn't she the best!!!! She is the WOMAN!

12 comments:

becca said...

So nice to get away, even if only for one night! Sleeping in with no responsibility is the BEST! I am a freak about pools too. My husband wants to put one in our back yard, but I worry so much...he promises it would be locked and safe...but I am such a worry wart! Have a great time!

Erin said...

Enjoy your night. I love it. I Love sleeping in, so have a great time. Its sounds great.

Christina said...

oh hey carolee IS SO NICE! and da woman!! is the overnighter more for todd or for you?? wink wink! hahha

WHAT? the dog is already causing issues?? i laughed when you said "im not feeling it" that is So something you would say!! no fun having a tied up pet??!!

Buffy said...

So fun to get away for an overnighter. Ruth's Chris is the best. Have fun and sleep in for sure!!

So sorry about the dog. That is why I'm not ready for a dog. I'm not sure I ever will be either. Good luck with Tommy.

donna said...

Enjoy your date night. How fun. Ryan and i need to get a way for the night.

So sorry about your dog. I am glad you were able to find him! " Not feeling it". So funny!!!!

Cara Fish said...

Have so much fun! Three cheers for Carolee!

smithfam said...

So nice! I am jealous! Carolee is definitly the woman! What a great sister. I hope you guys have a great getaway!

Carolee said...

I guess you might want to take back what you said about me after I locked us out of the house. Sorry to have put a ding in your evening. Hope everything else was fun!

Amie said...

How nice to get away for a night. It sounds heavenly right about now.

I am such a worrier, I would be a "no pool" while I am away kind of girl too.

Have a great time.

I am so not a pet fan... I will not start.... (the kids love them and I am fine as long as I don't have to do the work and they don't come in... EVER!).

michelle said...

I hope that you had a great get away! I am sorry about the puppy. Our dog did the same thing when she was little. She would get out of the gate. She grew, and within a few month she was to big to escape. Godd luck!

jenny said...

I keep telling my husband dogs are SO much work. Unfortunately he tells me we are getting one no matter what when we move.

How nice of Carolee to watch the kids. Have so much fun!!

Holly said...

you are so lucky to have a (many) sister(s) - we never get an overnighter unless one of the grandparents decide to come out and visit!

I've been looking for friends to swap with, but who wants to watch 4 kids?

Have a great weekend!