Friday, August 03, 2007

It's official!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a new member to our family! Introducing... TOMMY


We adopted him this afternoon from the Humane Society. I'm not sure how I feel about this whole thing but the kids are sure excited! I have never had a dog or grown up with any animal for that matter. This is going to be a whole new experience for me. The dog seems to be really well behaved. It seems as if it had been a house dog with a previous owner. Very well mannered. I of course want it to stay outside. When Todd gets home from work today he's going to give it a bath. So what do you all think of the name?? That is the name the the humane society gave him but we of course may change it. Todd's brother's name is Tommy, I don't know how he would feel if he had the same name as our dog??? Any suggestions???

13 comments:

Taryn said...

How fun! A new member of your family! I bet your kids are in heaven right now!

michelle said...

awww, Tommy is darling!!!!!! I LOVE dogs! I am sure you kids are so happy that Tommy is the newest addition to your family! :)

Amie said...

I think Tommy is a pretty cute name. I hope you win on the outside thing. I DO NOT do inside animals, I barely do kids.

Anonymous said...

It's always fun to see someone else get a new pet. However, I am still in denial about getting one. Doug says no matter what when we move we are dog owners. I guess I better gear up. Cute dog! (I don't do inside either)

Anonymous said...

oops that was me

jenny

smithfam said...

What a cute dog. We gave ours away a few weeks ago. It was like having another kid! Plus we needed our backyard back. I hope he doesnt ruin your gorgeous backyard!! Dogs are fun though and I am sure your kids will love having one.

Buffy said...

How sweet of you to take the dog. I'm not ready for any animal. Some days I feel like I have 4 animals. :D Tommy is cute. Love the name. I know your kids are in heaven over the dog. My kids would love me if I brought them home a dog. Maybe in a few years.

becca said...

My girls want a dag too...but they are still too young to take care of it and I am not about to pick up poop! I had a dog for a couple years growing up and LOVED it, but now that I have my own house and kids, it just seems like to much extra work! I don't mind if it is outside, but I CANNOT handle inside animals (well...maybe a fish!:)

Christina said...

im still picking my mouth up off the ground..your seriously SUCH a nice mom! but hey if it behaves well-well thats just tempting!! he's smaller then i thought he was going to be..
my only thing is when i come over..NO CROTCH SNIFFING PLEASE!!!
haha i knew you'd love that!!

Lauralee said...

oh he is way cute! we got our kids a dog last christmas... it has been an adventure.. he started as an inside dog.. but now is more an outside dog... I give him a bath almost everyday.. as I don't want my house to stink.. and he is is super hyper.. he isn't a year yet, and he is a jack russell.. he jumps higher than rabbits.. tommy looks nice..
names?
jack is our dog's name... original for a jack russell eh?
I think Max is a good dog's name..

Cara Fish said...

it is amazing how much you can love something so instantly...i'm glad the kids are happy...dogs are hard work at first, but totally worth it!

donna said...

OH what a cute new member of your family!!!!!

melanie said...

You are brave, I'm not a dog lover so it will take some smooth talking to get this mom to give in. Outside all the way and it should all be ok. I like the name Tommy. Somehow it fits his dark fur/hair whatever he has. But I understand if you change it too.