Tonight for mutual we had our yearly "New Beginnings". It was awesome! I wish I would have thought to bring my camera. Our theme was "Daughter of a King". I loved feeling the spirit and hearing all of the wonderful talks. It made me think about when I was in Young Woman's, did I really appreciate all that my leaders did for me? Did I really listen to all that was taught and said? Probably not as much as I could have. But enough I think.... I'm so thankful that my daughter will have the Young Woman's program in her life, and it's my hope that she will embrace it a little more than i did.
We gave the girls boards that were painted pink that had their names on them in the vinyl lettering, then across their names we had in black daughter of a king. They seemed to be excited about it. (again wish I had a picture to show you).
I am so sad...tomorrow we were suppose to go to Disneyland with my sister who is down from AZ, well Kate has a fever and doesn't feel good. Talk about bad timing! I'm trying to figure out a way for Todd to stay home with the younger two and then have me take the two older boys...I guess I will see what happens.
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
I love the leaders I had even more now that I have walked in their shoes. I had some wonderful leaders, I will always be grateful for them! Your New Beginnings sounds great! I too am glad that our girls will have the YW program. They will need it and be stronger for it!
I am gald that you had a wonderful time at New Beginnings. YW program is so great. I am so excited for my daughter to go into YW next year!!!!! So sorry about your daughter!!!!!!
I loved young women's growing up, but I didn't realise all the time and effort leaders have to put in until I was a leader myself. It really is an incredible program and it sounds like last night was great experience!
We went to Dland yesterday and it was PERFECT! there was hardly anyone there, we walked on every ride without a wait. Hope you get to go today! It is supposed to be cool, but not supposed to rain in orange county! Hope it works out!
Bummer about your plans for tomorrow. I hope everything works out.
p.s. I would have loved to see pictures of your yw signs!
so i know you went to dland some how..is kate still sick??
hello- now pic of the yw board!??! well atleast i saw the pink board...hehe
I totally agree with you about YW. I'm not sure at the time that we appreciate all that is done in our behalf. What a fun night. The signs sound like they are totally cute. Bummer on Kate and a fever. I hope she gets to feeling better and you can enjoy a trip to Dland with your sister.
Now I'm curious if you made it to Dland. I sure hope! Hope your kids are well. Almost makes me miss YW!
I don't think you truley appreciate what your leaders, parents did you for till you do what they did. I can't bleive what my leaders did for us and the time they spent away from their families.
THe boards sound really cute.
Hope you can make it to dland and Kate feels better!
Post a Comment