Friday, February 09, 2007

Stayin Home Today!

YES! We made it to Disneyland on Wednesday! I ended up taking Kate and the two older boys. The boys missed school. I don't like them to miss school but it was the first day that they have missed all year. (I'm a nice Mom huh)!! haha
The weather was beautiful, and hardly no waiting for the rides. I left Mack at home with a sitter so it was great to not have deal with him. It was heaven! Toddlers are fun for a few hours but not ALL day!
Thursday we went to California Adventure. My sister came down from AZ and bought the hopper passes. (It's where you go to D-land one day and then Calf. Adv. the next)
I found a sitter for the two older boys for right after school until Todd got home and I took the two younger kids with me. We saw the Aladdin show which was awesome! Again, beautiful weather and no crowds! It was fun to get to spend time with Melissa and her girls.
California Adventure closed at 6:00 so we went to the Rain Forest Cafe to eat dinner. I'm sure most of you know about the Rain Forest Cafe, its a really cool restaurant with tons of pretend animals to look at. They have a store inside the restaurant too. It was inside downtown Disney, so lots of people around. (can you tell I'm trying to set up a story here)-hee hee
Anyway, we were seated at our table and my nephew who is 10 took Mack throughout the restaurant to look at all of the animals, it was nice to get a 5 minute break from him....well, Tyler brought him back to me but didn't tell me that he brought him back so I continued to chit chat with my sisters as my back was turned to Mack, not knowing that he was behind me. Tyler takes off, and comes back 5 minutes later and asks me "where is Mack". I said, "I thought you had him". Tyler said, "I brought him back to you 5 minutes ago". ANYWAY, I panicked and ran to the first person I saw, asking for help, "my sons missing, he's wearing a green sweatshirt and jeans". They said, "why don't we page him", I'm like ," he's only ONE". We all started to search for him. I was seriously so scared!!! The worst feeling. There are so many people around. I finally found him just wondering around the store totally having a great time. He was probably gone a solid 5 minutes or more! My heart was pounding. I just started to cry but tried to hold back the tears. It was just the worst feeling ever! Anyway, my sister told Tyler to next time make SURE the parent knows when you bring back the child. It was a simple mistake...
Today I have been home getting the house put back together and laundry caught up. Mack is napping and Kate has a friend over and they are playing quietly in her room. Tonight is our ward Temple night. I got a baby-sitter so we are good to go! Last Saturday I got to attend our tri-stake Woman's Conference, which was awesome! I went to a class where the speaker talked about the Temple and said, "you leave a better Woman every time you attend the temple". How great is that! He talked about how not only should we double our efforts but we should re-double our efforts. He was the old Redland's Temple President. He was in my home ward growing up. It was neat to hear him and his wife speak that day.
Have a great weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Buffy said...

So scary about Mack. I have had that feeling before...it is awful! So glad he wasn't far. Have a nice evening at the temple. It is the best place to be!!

Christina said...

im impressed that this is the first day they've missed ALL year since its ONLY february 9th of 2007!! hahah just kidding!!

WHAT???!! so scary about mack!!! i would be BAWLING too but trying to hold the tears in- SO SCARY!!!

i'll see ya tomorrow nite-

becca said...

How scarry is that??? That is my worst nightmare (I am sure it is every mom's!) Glad you found him quick and that all was okay!!

I love the temple and I always feel better when I walk out. Hope you have a great night!

Donna said...

How scary about Macks. I know the feeling!!!!!Scary! I am glad you all had run. I also love the Temple. I am going this week. I really need to go!

Laurie said...

I think you've got me motivated to go to Dland this week. I've been hearing the lines aren't long. So glad to hear you guys had a great time (minus the scare).

Cara Fish said...

I am glad you all had a good time! (except the Mack scare) I wish I had been there. Oh well, maybe in a few years when we have little ones...love you.

jenny said...

Oh, that is very scary about Mack. My Weston has done that to me so many times. You would think I would learn. The scary thing is they are so footloose and fancy free at that age.

How fun to take the kids out to go to Disneyland, my kids would have LOVED that. Hope you have fun at the temple :)

Melinda said...

That is soo scary! I have had that happend and it is the worst!
Glad you could have such a fun time at dland. I am really getting the iche to go back!