Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines Day!


Happy Valentines Day! Today was going to be my run errands day. I accidentally left my purse in Todd's car so I was without my wallet. I was so looking forward to getting things done. Instead I had to come up with plan B. I was inspired by my wonderful blogging friends to make a nice dinner and make Valentines Day a family celebration! So here is a picture of our dinner table. It's definitely not what you would find in a Martha Stewart magazine but hey it works-hahaha. Tonight's menu includes tri-tip steak, twice baked potatoes, jello, steamed vegetables and homemade chocolate cake!
I also made hearts with love you notes and taped them to the kids bedroom doors. Kate LOVED it, and the boys LIKED it. I guess that's the difference between boys and girls. Kate got a kick out of the picture with her eyes really big. Kind of funny.
I told Todd, "please don't get me flowers". I wouldn't be able to enjoy them knowing how much he spent. Who knows if I will get anything which is totally fine with me. December is Christmas and my birthday, January is our Anniversary, and now February is Valentines Day. The guy NEVER gets a break-hahaha. It's amazing what I was able to accomplish today..... I should leave my wallet in Todd's car more often!!!!!!!!!!!!


I had to add the picture of the flowers that Todd got me! When he got me flowers last time the florist he used set him up on a plan to have flowers sent to me automatically for all the major holidays. He forgot about that and they showed up tonight! So funny!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Donna said...

Frist let me say, I love your house. We are going to build a house in the next year. I love you style. What does the front of your house looks like. Wow!!! What a great idea, putting hearts on your children’s doors!!!! I may have to do the next year.
Your dinner sounds yummy. I am not cooking tonight. I have been busy all day, and I need to finish my laundry. So Ryan is bring home dinner
I hope you have a great V day night.

Taryn said...

So fun!! I love your dinner table...and your dinner tonight sounds AMAZING! Guess what we're eating....chinese takeout! haha...wasn't what we were planning on, but hey, it works. Happy Valentine's Day!

Buffy said...

Your table looks great!! What do you mean it isn't Martha Stewart?? It is better. Your kids will love it. The food sounds good! Love the hearts...cute idea. Enjoy your V day night!! Happy Valentines Day!

Anonymous said...

the pictures of kate and mack are so cute... mack looks like he just takes everything in stride! glad you left your wallet in todd's car, looks like it was a very nice day for your family, and maybe you can start a new tradition.

love,
mom

Christina said...

i have to laugh at the automatic flower delivery for the major holidays program todd set up- who knew that was even possible to do that!!

i LOVE that you put the silver things under the plates- so fun!

oh dang tri-tip steak- you feed that to your WHOLE family - impressive!!

becca said...

Your table looks FABULOUS! I used a plastic heart table cloth (it helps that my girls are young, but someday I am going to need to be a little more like Martha Stewart!)

How funny about the roses, they ARE beautiful!!

jenny said...

You are such a good mom, and wife to make such a great dinner!! How funny about the flowers..crack up. So really he was prepared. Glad you had a good night :)

Amie said...

I think your table looks just like something out of Martha Stewart.

Sometimes I like a day with no car. Maybe because it doesn't happen often but when it does I like all of the possibilities that are gone and that I am just home.

I also just saw your "tagged" post. I have hum-haaad at the drs too wanting to ask him something I wasn't there for. I think I am about half and half with being able to do it. That is a pain you had to go back again. Fun list.

Melinda said...

Such a fun day! I love valentines day just for the family. I love your idea for the hearts on their doors. I will have to remember that one.

THe ribbons are soo cute! I can't beleive Jayne did that foryou . SO nice!!

Fun list also. I am the same way when it come to the sanitizer. I have it everywhere. Anytime we go anywhere, as soon as we get home everyone has to wash their hands.

Laurie said...

I love the heart attack. I think it would be fun to do throughout the year. My mom and dad used to leave love notes by our beds. I thought that was so great.

Trisha said...

Oh how fun to get your kids excited for Vday by putting hearts and decorations on their doors, and yes girls are WAY different than boys lol... I love the flowers and your table all set, it looks better than Martha Stewart!!!