I just don't know any way to make feet look good in a picture! But here is my "best foot forward" Tuesday post!
This past weekend I was sort of in a slump I guess you could say, the kind of moments where you just wonder why being a Mom has to be so hard. Sunday during Sacrament Meeting we had a wonderful talk on How to have a virtuous Home, and to let virtue garnish your thoughts unceasingly. We were given specific guidelines for each month of the year with a calendar to keep track of our progress. Some of the activities suggested were to have personal and family prayer and scripture study at least 5 days a week and weekly Family Home Evening once a week. We were also encouraged to go through our videos, DVDs, books, music and video games and remove those that don't meet the standard in "Let Virtue Garnish Thy Thoughts".
Well, last night I decided to have our first activity. I can't tell you what a difference just one night of doing these things made me feel. It's the best feeling in the world. It makes "best foot forward Tuesday" that much more meaningful. What a great start!
What is this post all about? Check out Lelly's challenge. try it you will like it.


16 comments:
glad you are truly feeling like you are putting your best foot forward! thanks for posting!!
“Let Virtue Garnish Thy Thoughts".
WOW that is great. I really need to work on having FHE every week!
Thanks for a wonderful post. You have cute feet!!!!!!
i seriously have so many days of wondering how to get through. what a wonderful uplifting talk.
i love the cleaning out the movies. i am such a believer in being aware of what we watch on t.v. and movies!
Very cute toes. In CA I bet you have to keep them painted all the time, you always get to wear flip flops. I love getting a break from it in the winter here.
What a great talk. I totally agree with the removing of books, movies, etc. We have to be on guard all the time. Thanks for sharing this!
Your feet are cute. What do you mean you don't know how to get a good picture of them?
Sorry about your rough weekend. I have had a rough day myself..I thought about posting it tonight. I'll have to see.
I love the idea of keeping a personal progress chart. We did that with our BOM reading one year and it was great because my kids totally got into it.
I have to laugh at your last comment, "try it you will like it" it reminds me of Green Eggs and Ham. "Try it, try it and you will see....Sam"
I'm wearing an identical color polish on my toes right now, very cute.
It's rough to have days like the ones you're talking about, but it gives us a chance to be obedient and to take action with our families and to see the difference (blessings) that comes so quickly when we do. We've struggled with FHE for a long time, but since committing to having it on Sunday nights since January we haven't missed and it's been very rewarding.
Love you polished toes.
It is very rewarding to do these types of activities on a regular basis. It is hard to do at times, I am still struggling with always doing it, but when I do it makes a huge difference. I wish I was better at following through.
It's funny how much I am enjoying seeing everyone's feet.
I often think it is a good think we have every Sunday to recommit, I am always shocked at how fast I slide backwards.
Cute toes. I am having one of those days today also. Why does it have to be so hard?
Our whole yr in sacrement meeting is the same topic. I love it. It really makes you think about what you are doing in your life.
I'm glad you did the self-portrait. This is fun. Thanks for sharing the ideas about the "virtue" challenge. Keep us posted as you go along with it.
way to go kristen! good goals! from one who went through many years wondering what I got myself into having 6 children when it was so hard, the reward is way way worth it. I should have had 6 more kids! Seriously though we are taught the tools to help us succeed in raising a righteous family in this very difficult world. My kids are the best!
love
mom
I have really enjoyed seeing the way everyone responded to this challenge. Wasn't it fun? :)
Love that you were able to tie your weekend's challenges to putting your best forward for the year...
Cute toes! I love your post. I am so aware of what my kids watch and myself. I feel that the media, movies, etc. is such an easy way to let the devil into our homes. Always in subtle ways. Way to go!! What a great meeting. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Hi Kristin!
I feel like I already know you girls. I have been reading all of your posts for awhile. I guess I am a blog stalker! It is so fun. You have such nice toes! I dont think that there will be any feet pictures of me. I was aways told that I have Flinstone toes. They look like fingers. I guess that is why there are shoes!
Cute toes. Sorry you have beenin a slump. It must be inthe water or something. So many slumps out there, inclufing me.
Glad your family activity helped you feel better.
I love your thoughts on the talk you heard.. something to think about.. I am pretty aware of what we watch, but I remember right after I got home from the mission, I was shocked at what family and friends would watch... and I know that "shock" has gradually gone away.. I need to be reminded of that.. thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment