California Oranges! I live a few miles from a beautiful Citrus Park that has 377 acres of Orange trees. The Orange Blossoms smell so good! Here is additional info about the park.
In 1873, the U.S. Department of Agriculture forever changed the history of Southern California when it sent two small navel orange trees to Riverside resident Eliza Tibbets. Those trees, growing in near perfect soil and weather conditions, produced an especially sweet and flavorful fruit. Word of this far superior orange quickly spread, and a great agricultural industry was born. An effort to promote citrus ranching in the state brought would-be citrus ranch barons flocking to California. The second "gold rush" was on. The park recaptures the time when "Citrus was King" in California, recognizing the importance of the citrus industry in southern California.
Now don't you just feel like sinking your teeth into a ripe, juicy, orange!!!


13 comments:
I saw my first orange tree this weekend in Savannah, GA. I've always known oranges grew on trees, but I was awestruck. Is that weird?! I really like your pictures, it's making me want to make a trip out to California!!
i wanted to take a pic of me in traffic on the 55 coming home from the beach..cuz in a sense that truly is a so cal landmark right! i wanted to have the guy behind me take it of me out my sunroof with my hands in the air--
Yummy oranges!!!!!!! Great post:}
We actually passed that a couple of years ago on our way to Disneyland. We were coming from a friends house. Gotta love oranges in sunny Cali. Cute picture Kristen!
So fun to see where everyone lives. You did a great job and cute pic. How was New York?? I'm waiting to hear. :D
I would love to smell the orange blossoms! I can just imagine a yummy smell. Love your photo.
Cute photos! I am so excited to hear more about your trip to NY> I am jealous, especially about the Serendipity chocolate!!I looked for you on Regis. I was hoping your were going to be the person in the GoGo Box!! LOL Hope to see some trip pictures and I am glad you had fun!
I think this is so neat b/c I'm sad there aren't any orange groves around much anymore. It's nice to know there still are some nearby. I can only imagine how fragrant it must be there.
hey thanks for my birthday song! haha
love candice
great picture! you are becoming quite the photographer,
mom
Ahh.. the oranges. I almost forgot! I have been gone way to long. Fun pictures.
Cute good mail from donna!
You hit everywhere I want to go in NY. I looked for you on Regis and Kelly and didn't see you. Where were you seated? I can't wait to hear all about it! I love cute purses!!
So cool to see the spt pic, kristen!
mmmm, i can smell the oranges from your picture! we don't have any citrus here in north carolina, and the oranges that are trucked in are not worth spending money on!
Post a Comment