Friday, December 29, 2006

The dreaded flu.......

Yes, it's true. The bad news came to us last night. My son Ethan threw up all over the couch and carpet! The WORST!!!!!!!! Earlier in the week my niece and nephew got it and my kids had been around them. I figured we would get it but just didn't know when. I was so worried that someone would be sick the day of the funeral. I said a little prayer asking that if we did get it to please be after the funeral. Sure enough it was the night after the funeral. I guess I should be happy that I was still able to go. It was such a special wonderful funeral. Janet would have been happy and embarrassed at the same time. She didn't like people to fuss about her....Her three children spoke, her best friend sang, it was just really nice! My friend Erin was so graceful and held it together so well! The funeral director people brought Janet to the wrong church, so she was late! The family was a little upset at first but everything worked out in the end. Well, Today we will be home. Ethan said that he feels better. The good new is, whatever this virus is it doesn't last long! I guess that's why they call it 24 hour flu?!?!?

7 comments:

becca said...

I hope that Ethan in the only one who gets it!! It is good that it only lasts a short while, the downside is that it is so stinkin contagious...!!

Glad the funeral went well, it sounds like it was really nice.

Anonymous said...

FLU!!!! What a bummer. My little nephew Zackary had it so bad for a few days. I hope you son feel better soon.
Funeral director people brought her to the wrong church. Oh wow!!!!!!
I am glad everything work out and that is was a nice funeral.

Laurie said...

I hope you are able to contain the flu to Ethan. So not fun! It's good to hear it hit after the funeral. What a tough week for you! I hope things look up soon.

melanie said...

Ugh, the flu?!! I hope this finds the ones that are sick getting better. I was the only one to get it here in my house and it made me so happy!

Anonymous said...

what on earth?? the wrong church!?!? how classic is that?!?

sorry to hear about ethan - i say its time for new couches! WINK WINK!!

im glad he's better!

Buffy said...

So sorry to hear the bad news. I hope it doesn't make it's rounds. That's nice to hear that the funeral turned out nice eventhough they didn't bring her to the right church. I can't believe that!

Anonymous said...

Hope you can spare the illness. Glad to hear the funeral went well, and you were able to attend. Happy New Year!