Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Love nap time!

Mack took a late nap today, he just went down. Todd took the boys with him to work and Kate is in her room playing, so nice! I went to Walmart today to get stocking stuffers. What do you all buy for your kids stockings? Glad that's done! It is not very fun going with the little ones. Mack messed his pants and so we had to leave early and he was pretty fussy. I could have stayed longer but didn't want to deal with the kids anymore. I told Todd that I need one night this week by myself again to finish everything up. Tonight is mutual, it's a joint activity and we are doing the usual Christmas caroling. Last night we delivered goodie plates to Todd's hometeaching families. Todd was disappointed that I bought store bought sugar cookies instead of homemade! Kind of funny! I also did peanut butter balls, rolo turtles (thanks Melanie and Kristi), and the cookies with the Hershey kisses on top. I guess you can say that I must love chocolate and peanut butter-hahaha.

7 comments:

Taryn said...

Candice and I also both did the peanut butter balls for our Christams goodie plates-I guess they're a family favorite! I want to try out those rolo turtles, they look good and sound easy-my kind of baking!

Anonymous said...

Stocking stuffers. I get things like watches, candy, DVD movie or Xbox’s games, hair stuff, earrings and little car toys. Little things like that.

All you goodies sound very yummy!!!!!

becca said...

Stocking stuffers are hard...I feel like I could spend a lot of money on just junk. I usually try to find a doll, or some item that fits in, but almost fills the stocking so that I just have to get a few fillers (chapstick, bracelets, hair clips, and a little candy).

I need to go to walmart too, for just a few things but oh how I dread it. I decided that I will just get the girls ready early tomorrow and try to be out the door by 8:30...ours in NEVER crowded in the morning!

Anonymous said...

what? im totally miffed that i didnt get a goodie plate!??! and to think i drove CLEAR down the hill to give you fudge?! and you all us friends?!?!
hahhahha!!!

our stockings are toothbrushes, nail polish, crayons, lipsmackers..gosh..girls are WAY easier arent they!

Kristen said...

I just have to say to Christina that my goodie plates this year were pretty pathetic! So, I'm watching your back and will make you something yummy!! hahaha!

Really...I barely had enough to make 7 plates. 5 for Todd's hometeaching families, and the other 2 for the girls I visit teach. I was secretly hoping that maybe someone wouldn't be home so I would have enough and bring one to you-hahaha!

Laurie said...

Christmas caroling with the youth -I kinda miss those days! Hpoe it waws fun!

Melinda said...

I am a huge peanut butter/chocolate lover. I made peanut butter ball also. I need to remember the cookies. Those are one of my favs.

I remember going caroling as youth. It was fun.

Stocking stuffers are toothbrushes, jewlery, chapstick, candy.