Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tuesday!

Well today started out with getting the boys off to school and Kate off to preschool. I baby-sat Drew, Mack is down for his nap and Kate is playing with her little friend Nate Thompson, he is so cute. He looks like a little surfer boy. I have been doing the usual clean-up around the house. I put my bedroom comforter in the wash and now my washer started leaking. I debated whether or not I should take it to the cleaners or try to do it myself. I guess I should have taken it to the cleaners. Now I'm wondering if my washer is broken!?!?! That's the last thing I want to spend money on right now.
Tonight is Mutual. The girls want to make homemade pumpkin bread, so that's what we are going to do. I'm glad it will be an easy activity. The girls will just come to my house. I only have 3 girls and they are really excited to do anything. It's great! My friend Shawna gave me a great idea, she said that she lays down at night with each of her kids right before bedtime one on one and asks them about there day. They talk about there highs and lows for the day. I thought I would try it and it was really fun. Trevors high for the day was when he won his basketball game at recess. His low for the day was when he didn't get to go on a limo ride to Chuck E Cheese. I guess all the kids who sold a certain amount of fundraiser stuff won a limo ride. So that was his low. Ethan's high for the day was when he got to play the game pickle with his friend Brayden Bagley and won. (I guess my boys are a little competitive)!! His low for the day was when he had to go return the hotdog dad bought at the snackbar because it was to cold. Dad wanted a hot one. I thought that was pretty funny! Anyway, thanks Shawna for the great idea. I'm going to try and do this everynight. She also said that every once and a while they take just ONE of the kids with them on there date nights. She says it's fun and it makes the kids feel really special. I never think of things like this on my own so if any of you have other great ideas, I would love to hear about them!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do this at the dinner table..i ask what was your FAVORITE part of the day and what was the WORST part of your day today..
also i do the date nites (i make mine have to earn it though)

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind that I post on your blg. I also like to ask those questions around the dinner table. What a fun Mutual activity. Homemade pumpkin bread.

Anonymous said...

I heard this idea once and thought it was great - say your kids b-day is on Nov. 29th - then every month on the 29th would be their special day to go on some sort of outing with one or both parents, it could be as simple as getting ice cream. You do this with each of your kids every month so they have some one on one time with you.

Celesta

becca said...

That is such a great idea to do at bedtime. I lay down with my four year old and tell her "three special things about her that day"...like you were so good at the store, played so nice with sister etc. It was just an extra way to give her praise for doing good during the day...but I like the idea of having her tell me about her day!!

Laurie said...

Kristen,

My dad had check ins with me at night from when I was a toddler to the night before i was married. He would kneel by my bed and talk to me about my life, my friends, the thoughts he had about what he was proud of me for, the reasons that he thought I was great...and he would ask me if I needed anything, whether it be a blessing or help of any kind. He wouldn't do it every single night, but many nights. Enough nights that it had a strong impact on our close relationship. I miss that. It made for a very tender relationship.